Our current work programme
Our three-year Strategy aims to encourage change in pursuit of a modern and effective legal services sector that works better for consumers, citizens and practitioners.
Closely linked to the Strategy, our Business Plan 2017/18 describes the detail of work planned for the year ahead.
The LSB's work is organised around three strategic priorities. New project information will be added to these pages over the course of the year:
*In due course this page will be updated to reflect our Business Plan 2017/18.
Breaking down regulatory barriers to competition, growth and innovation
- Thematic reviews
- Transitional protections from ABS licensing
- Reviewing the cost of regulation
- Ministerial Summit 2014 follow-up
- Competition and Markets Authority legal services market study
Enabling the need for legal services to be met more effectively
- The experiences of consumers in vulnerable circumstances
- Open data in the legal services market
- Non-financial barriers to accessing legal services
- Unregulated legal services providers
- Developing a diverse legal workforce
Performance, evaluation and oversight
- Changing the shape of regulation
- Statutory decision making
- Securing independent regulation
- Regulatory Performance