LSB regulatory policy and guidance
Current policy and guidance issued by the LSB under the terms of the Legal Services Act 2007.
1. Guidance to Licensing Authoritieson content of licensing rules - Guidance on the content of licensing rules for Alternative Business Structures.
2. Supplementary guidance to Licensing AuthoritiesAs on the content of licensing rules - Supplementary guidance about the provisions Alternative Business Structures licensing rules should make for appeals against decisions made by licensing authorities.
3. Statement of Policy - Cancellation of designation as a Licensing Authority - Guidance setting out the process by which the designation of a licensing authority can be cancelled.
4. Guidance on referral fees, referral arrangements and fee sharing to approved regulators - Guidance on how the outcomes set out in the referral fees, referral arrangements and fee sharing decision document may be delivered.
5. Guidance on gathering an evidence base about diversity and promoting transparency at entity level - Guidance on how the expectations set out in the increasing diversity and social mobility in the legal workforce decision document may be delivered.
6. Statement of Policy - Compliance and Enforcement - Updating the LSB’s approach to compliance and enforcement and the way it will use its enforcement powers.
7. Statement of Policy - Section 69 - Guidance setting out the circumstances in which the LSB is likely to consider it appropriate to make a recommendation to the Lord Chancellor to use powers to make an order under Section 69 of the Act.
8. Guidance on regulatory arrangements for education and training (March 2014) - Statutory guidance on regulatory arrangements for education and training.
9. Statement of Policy on section 15(4) of the Legal Services Act 2007 (February 2016) - sets out principles the LSB will have regard to when it consider applications proposing changes to regulatory arrangements that pertain to in-house lawyers.