- You may only access the following list(s) if you agree to adhere to these Terms of access and use (the “Terms”). By clicking “continue accept to close” in the floating pop up box titled “Terms of access and use”, you will be deemed to have accepted them on every occasion that you access the list(s).
- The(se) list(s) contain(s) personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”)) and you shall act strictly in accordance with these Terms and the GDPR and UK data protection legislation.
- In accessing the(se) list(s), you accept that you are doing so solely for the purpose of checking the status of individuals who feature on them. Any further use of this information is prohibited. For example, you shall not:
- make, or permit any third party to make copies of the(se) list(s) in whole or in part, whether in hard or electronic copy format,
- use the data supplied in the(se) list(s):
• to merge, alter, adapt, rearrange, extract, utilise and/or create derivative works from all or any part of the list(s), such that the data ceases to be readily identifiable as that provided by the LSB,
• for any commercial purpose (including but not limited to sale, rental, or distribution),
• in any manner which may harm the interests or reputation of the LSB.
The Legal Services Board (the ‘LSB’ or the ‘Board’) is required under section 100 of the Legal Services Act 2007 (‘LSA 2007’) to keep and publish lists of persons who are disqualified from acting in specified capacities in a licensed body. The information which you are seeking to access has been provided to the LSB by the relevant licensing authority following a decision made by the licensing authority to disqualify a person in accordance with section 99 of the LSA 2007.
Additionally, the LSB is required under schedule 13 paragraph 51 of the LSA 2007 to keep and make available to every licensing authority a list of persons in relation to whom the relevant licensing authority has objected to a holding of a restricted interest in a licensed body, or imposed conditions on their holding of a restricted interest in a licensed body. The information which you are seeking to access has been provided by the relevant licensing authority, following a decision made by the licensing authority to object to or impose conditions on, a holding of a restricted interest in a licensed body and/or where a share or voting limit has been breached by a non-authorised person (Schedule 13, paragraphs 47 (1) or 49 (2)).
For this information to be of value to you, the LSB must be able to place reliance upon the information it receives from the relevant licensing authority being complete, accurate and up-to-date. Whilst the LSB expects you to adhere to the following Terms of Access and Use, the LSB recognises that it has obligations with which it will strive to comply. For example, the LSB shall, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure that:
- it adds any information it receives to the list(s) as soon as possible and
- the list(s) is/are available 24 hours a day. However, the LSB shall not be liable if for any reason the list(s) is/are unavailable at any time or for any period. For example, access to the list(s) may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the LSB’s control.